Friday, September 17, 2010

Expectations of my 8th Grade Year

This year in 8th grade I expected it to be a lot harder than last year. Also I thought the teachers would be a little harder on me. This has failed to meet my expectations, because all of the teachers are very nice especially Martha, who I heard from last years 8th graders was mean.

As you heard from my speech last year I was a big suck up. This year I feel that I am doing a better job at that and that this year will be very good socially. Although I am not intimidated by anyone, I do wish I am closer to Eliot. Eliot and I are pretty good friends but we don't talk about like important stuff, and we don't hang out outside of school.

I feel that in this class I am a leader socially and academically. It has been easy for me to be a leader, because in class I am very focused, and at breaks and lunch I am a very social person and good at talking to a lot of people.

Even though it is only about the 5th week in school high school is still right around the corner. I feel like in order to do as well as I can in high school I need to work on a couple habits in school. The first thing I would like to work on is not putting work off until the last possible minute, or not procrastinating. I would also like to work on voicing my opinion in class, especially lit class.

No comments:

Post a Comment